TWIN ROCKS, PA
In 1929, God placed upon the hearts
of Rev. C. P. Burkey, Rev. Wolfe and Mr. Oliver R. Wilson the need for a holiness
church in our small community. They held their services in a rented store
room which they later bought. About 10 years later, the building was remodeled
to look like a church. Rev. Burkey continued as our pastor until 1943. During
the pastorate of Rev. Evalene Walker on December 28, 1947 the church was organized
as a Pilgrim Holiness Church with 17 members. In 1949 Rev. John W. Landrum
became our pastor. Under his leadership the congregation outgrew the building.
Rev. Landrum built a new building over the old one in such a way that we continued
to worship in the old church during construction. Alter the new building was
completed, he removed the original church. Other pastors included: Rev, and
Mrs. Walter McMinic (Allegheny), Rev, and Mrs. David Greene, Rev, and Mrs.
Dale Bair, Rev, and Mrs. George Shull, Rev, and Mrs. Daniel Gebman, Rev, and
Mrs. Stearns (Allegheny), Rev, and Mrs. Dallas McKendree, Rev, and Mrs. James
Hallenbeck, Rev, and Mrs. Raymond Ziegler.